At Noel Isherwood Architects we are well versed in architecture across many sectors. This derives from decades of hands-on project experience of our team members across the private and public sectors, both and home and abroad, including within residential, commercial, mixed-use, arts and culture, community/ecclesiastical, hospitality and heritage domains as well as in education and healthcare.
Our team members' individual track record of involvement of architectural projects ranges in scale from private residential homes, arts/cultural and community buildings, through to boutique hotels, housing schemes, commercial buildings, schools, healthcare facilities and mixed-use developments. Through this experience we have provided architectural services for projects, assembled collaborative projects teams, have administered traditional forms of contract and have worked within design and build scenarios.
As a practice, we have carried out work in the private residential, hospitality, and community sectors with either a partial or full architectural service remit.
The architecture services that we provide are based on the requirements of the RIBA Plan of Work 2013 (stages 0-7) and may include tasks relating to all roles, weather as project lead, lead designer and/or architect and thus any of the following standard service components relating to:
- Strategic Brief contribution, Initial Project Brief contribution, Final Project Brief contribution
- Architectural Concept Design in accordance with Initial Project Brief, Design Responsibility Matrix (roles and responsibilities) incorporating Information Exchanges and Design Programme
- Architectural Developed Design according to Final Project Brief, Design Responsibility Matrix (roles and responsibilities) incorporating Information Exchanges and Design Programme
- Architectural Technical Design in accordance with Design Responsibility Matrix (roles and responsibilities) incorporating Information Exchanges, Design Programme and lead designer comments (if not appointed as such)
- 'As Constructed' Information, review and update management according to Design Responsibility Matrix (roles and responsibilities) incorporating Information Exchanges
Research and Development
- Local authority liaison (Planning/Building Control)
- 3rd party consultations
- Specialist subcontractor liaison
- Lead designer assistance (if not appointed as such)
- Design team progress and performance monitoring and review
- Design team assistance (with responses to site queries related to co-ordination or integration)
- Past project Feedback
- Project Execution Plan information, contribution, reviews and updates
- Project Strategies and updates
- Project Information review and updaties
- Construction Programme and Cost Information comment
- Handover Strategy implementation and/ task management
- Site Information report
- Site inspections and review against specification and construction programme
- Site queries responses
- Health & Safety Strategy contribution
- Planning Application Submission (including Design & Access Statements)
- Building Regulation Approval Submission
There are sometimes requirements to explore aspects of an architectural project that would be outside architects’ normal services, or requirements to liaise with other specialists in order to fulfill a project.
These can be necessary to assist the decision-making process of your project at any stage of its lifecycle and Noel Isherwood Architects can assist you in several areas including the following additional architectural services:
Listed Building Consent Applications
Listed Building Consent applications are required when you want to demolish, alter or extend a listed building in a way that would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest. It may also be needed for any works to separate buildings within the grounds of a listed building. It is a criminal offence to carry out such work without listed building consent.
Noel Isherwood Architects can undertake the preparation and submission of Listed Building Consent Applications, including all necessary liaison with the local authorities, heritage and officers.
Conservation Area Consent applications
Conservation Area Consent Applications are required when external alterations are made to a property located within a conservation area, such as the World Heritage City of Bath.
Noel Isherwood Architects can undertake the preparation and submission of Conservation Area Consent Applications, including all necessary liaison with local authorities, conservation bodies and conservation officers.
Measured Building Surveys
Measured building surveys are plans developed at scale that reflect the dimensions of an existing building and are required where plans, sections and elevations, and in some cases models, of existing building fabric are needed.
Noel Isherwood Architects either performs measured building surveys in-house, or in association with specialist building surveyors.
Building Condition Reports
Building Condition reports are detailed written and photographic building condition reports and required to describe defects and identify required remedial work.
Noel Isherwood Architects can perform building condition reports in-house, or in association with specialist surveyors. We recommend input from a Structural Engineer where structural elements are to be assessed.