OUR URBANISM SERVICES
According to the United Nations, by 2050, approaching 70% of the world population will live in urban settlements. Architectural projects are increasingly set within urban contexts or contribute to urban communities, whether cities, towns or urban villages. For the remaining 30%, situated in rural communities, an increasing proportion have urbanised lifestyles due to technological advances that facilitate remote working.
Wherever the location however, community-led development is key to dealing with the global pressure of climate change, population increase and the need to move away from dependency on fossil fuels.
At Noel Isherwood Architects, we believe that a good building or development needs to be supported by a suitable context to be truly sustainable. Our desire is to ensure places are developed or enhanced contribute to the quality of life at a neighborhood level.
Our urbanism services include:
- Strategic Masterplanning: structuring of new settlements to support low carbon communities.
- Masterplanning: Urban Extension design for city districts, towns and more rural locations
- Public Realm Design Guidance: streets, squares, shared surface
- Characterisation Studies: including building typology
- Urban Regeneration: including arts and cultural engagement
- High Street regeneration: including engagement with stakeholders such as local traders
- Enquiry by Design: a specific workshop-based tool for engaging communities and other stakeholders in the process of urban design.
- Scoping workshops: public consultation
View our urbanism project portfolio, or contact us at Noel Isherwood Architects to discuss your urban project.